Until 1945, worshippers had either to go to the Welsh Chapel in Bryn Pydew, or walk down the footpath to the ancient Parish Church of St. Cystennin's at Llangystennin. Morning Service was in English; Evening Service in Welsh. However, in May 1945, a group of worshippers decided they would take over a Western Command Army nissen hut in Bryn Pydew. Two days after V.E. Day on May 8th, 1945, a first service was held in the home of Mr and Mrs Alf Potts at Skerrymore, Bryn Pydew. Weeks later they all moved to the army huts, with children meeting for Sunday School in one of them.
After fifteen years, as new church was flourishing, it was decided to build a better church on the site and this was openind in ,1961. Services have been held there ever since to this day. Mr Robin Lewis is the only surviving worshipper from those early days.
The Church seats 40 people. Hard wooden chairs were replaced in 2006 with more comfortable ones from Pontins Holiday Camp at Prestatyn.